Followers

Friday, May 13, 2022

 Hi Families,

This will be a quick blog post since so much of our week was taken up by SBAC testing. The students really impressed me with their stamina and perseverance on our testing days! They worked super hard and no one was in a rush to finish.  I have no idea if their answers were correct or not, but I am proud of them for trying their best!

During the times that we haven't been testing, we have been trying to get outside and play. I have given a lot of reminders about healthy competition and how winning is not as important as having a good time and staying kind. I think the emotions are running pretty high right now!

Today Gregg Martin from BRMS (Guidance Counselor) came to JES to talk to the 4th graders about the school, the teams, the clubs, etc.  I think they are all pumped (AND nervous!)

We also started a new math unit this week -- does that seem crazy? This unit is all about data and ways to represent it, and it is a fun and stress-free unit. We won't do much of it next week since we will be having the math SBAC tests, but we will get back to it a little bit here and there over the next few weeks.

The next few weeks are a little crazy! Here are some important dates for you to remember:

T, W, and Th next week: SBAC testing

F May 20: 4th grade track meet at MMU

W May 25: Final Camp Swampy trip

F May 27: Move Up Day at BRMS

T June 9: 4th Grade Celebration at MRP

Please feel free to email me with any questions about any of the above. It's a busy time!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay cool!